Plans for Tawd Valley Park
The Borough Council has launched an exciting project to develop the Tawd valley which will bring significant environmental and recreational benefits to the Park and surrounding areas. Extensive consultations have been held with local communities, and their views have helped shape the Masterplan.
The ambitious masterplan includes:
- New cycle paths, wetland habitat areas
- Access and improvement work to footpaths and landscapes
- Upgrading the fishing lake
- Creation of a heritage trail
- New picnic spaces close to the town centre
- Improvements to the amphitheatre to create an informal event space
There is also potential for a new visitor centre, new play area and a BMX track as well as a fishing lake.
Plans and updates
- Download a copy of our most recent Tawd Valley masterplan (PDF 4.72mb). Please note the images are for illustration purposes only.
- Download a copy of our most recent Tawd Valley masterplan summary report (PDF 9.44mb).
Town centre zone
The exciting development plans for Tawd Valley tie in with the plans to redevelop Skelmersdale’s Town Centre.
Designs for the area of the Park which boundaries the Town Centre (the Town Centre Zone) are currently being worked up and will be consulted on in the next few months.
The Borough Council is fully committed to making sure that the developments are fully funded and sustainable. As well as contributing Council funding, we are working to put together a package of funding.
The total amount of funding needed for Tawd Valley Park is £2,366,967 and so far £1,087,157 has been secured.
- Team Tawd sessions cancelledMarch 19, 2020 - 10:42 am
- Incredible Edible fruit beds in the Tawd valleyMarch 18, 2020 - 10:48 am
- Mountain bike track – updateFebruary 24, 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Friends of Tawd Valley celebrate busy yearDecember 20, 2019 - 11:54 am
- Design consultation for new mountain bike trackDecember 19, 2019 - 12:01 pm
- Team Tawd plants bluebellsDecember 10, 2019 - 3:57 pm
West Lancashire Borough Council
Robert Hodge Centre
Tel: 01695 585144